29 Jun Top Tips for Integration and Installation
ievo biometric security systems are the next generation of unrivalled security solutions. Our fingerprint readers have been designed and manufactured with integration as a key feature. As such, they can be used alongside most access control units that accept a wiegand 26bit input (other options are available). This allows for ievo readers to be used in new installations or as an upgrade to an existing site, saving the customer time and money.
Here are some important tips to consider during installation:
- The ievo REV4 reader range and control board should be powered by their own 12v, 2amp PSU. One control board with two readers attached can draw up to 1.2amps when in full use. We recommend using the ievo PSU.
- Our readers come supplied with a 5 meter CAT5 E SFTP cable; however, the distance between our reader heads and control board can go up to 90 meters. When utilising the 90 meters, it’s important to use CAT5/6 E SFTP cable.
- Our software is simple and effective and will run on most modern PC’s running Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10.
- Our integration software for setting up our readers onto a network can be downloaded using our ‘software download’ section on the ievo website, which gives you the links in the order of which they need installing.
- All our installation and user manuals can also be downloaded from our ‘manuals and documentation’ section on the ievo website, these will guide you through installing our equipment, setting up the network and enrolling user fingerprints.
If you need any extra help, our experienced and friendly technical team are available to help Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm.